Monday, April 18, 2011

Old Faithful

I'm really bad at posting. I'm not sure if it is because I am so busy wedding planning, or if I am always just going to be really bad about posting :) Either way, it's officially "crunch time!" Less than 2 months to go, and lots of DIY crafts and song lists, and photographer lists, etc.. to make!

That being said, I don't have as much time to plan out meals, shop for different ingredients, and cook! I keep going back to the old faithful, my crock pot tacos!! These are so easy, i make them in less than 5 minutes while I run out the door in the morning, and they are ready when I get home!

First I put 2 or 3 frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot and sprinkle some Mrs. Dash Soutwhest Chipotle seasoning on top. Then i pour the below in:
1 can of corn (drained)
1 can of black beans (drained)
1 can of rotel (drained)

Then I sprinkle some more Mrs Dash. I turn the crockpot on Low, and voila! that's it! No stirring, nothing.

I leave it on low for about 8 hrs, and then when i get home i turn it to keep warm until I am ready to eat it. When you are ready to eat, you can literally shred the chicken apart with a fork and mix everything together.

You can have this many ways, on top of a salad, in a pita pocket, a whole weat tortilla, or even by itself!

I always drizzle a tad bit of Light Ranch on top, and a dollop of Wholly Guacamole 100 cal packs. (I usually use half a packet, but they are only 100 calories so feel free to use it all!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.